It must be spring…Daffodils have arrived
Daffodils are available December through to April on average depending on the type of season we have. They come in a variety of colours and shapes. Colours include Yellow, White, Peach, White with Orange centres; Doubles and Single petals.
Tips for care:
- Daffodils are ethylene-sensitive
- Daffodils release sap that can shorten the life of other flowers
- If you want to put them with other flowers you need to clip the stems to the length you’d like, set the flowers in a vase and leave them alone for at least 6 hours in water.
- After 6 hours the stem should no longer secrete the sap and the flowers can be placed in your arrangement with other flowers.
- Do not re-cut the stems when placing in arrangement or the sap will start oozing again.
- Daffodils prefer to be placed in shallow water
- The sap can cause skin irratation for some people. So washing hands with soap after working with Daffodils is highly recommended.